Happy New Year

I hang my head in shame.

Why?

Because I’ve been so captivated by the holidays that I’ve forgotten about my blog and my readers.

It’s not that I don’t want to post, I’ve just been caught up with merry making, spirits drinking and all things holiday.

As 2011 approaches I feel the need to post a little about my Christmas dishes and to wish you all a happy and prosperous new year.

For those who resolve to lose weight, this is not the place to visit.  Make your choice, I hope you choose to continue to try my recipes and read about my musings.

What’s my resolution?  The list is too long.  In a nutshell, it goes like this…

1. Get back to working out 3 times a week.

2. Lose those pounds the  holidays have pack on.

3.  Live life as though each day is the last.

4.  Stop procrastinating.

And the list goes on.   As I leave you with my cliffnote  of my list and a pictures of my Christmas dinner, I wish you all a very Happy New Year and I hope you stick to your resolutions.

P.S.  I chose to be rebellious this year and for the first time in my 29 years, not have black eyed peas cook-up on old years night/new years eve.  That’s right, this Guyanese woman did not cook  Cook-up.  I did however make a black eyed peas salsa, after all, a little good luck can’t hurt.

My first challah, this went well with the pepperpot

This was tasty! Christmas Pepperpot

Rosemary and Balsamic Lamb with Roasted Asparagus

Potatoes stuffed with gruyer cheese, sour cream and chives

Mushroom risotto.

Shrimp so nice, I made it twice..no really, the very next day!

Lucious lemon cheesecake with strawberry gelee

1. December 31, 2010 / 6:46 pm

Happy New Year! I have really enjoyed reading your blog, especially recently after meeting two women from Guyana on our trip to Peru. They talked a lot about their food and drink traditions and now I see some of it reflected here. I look forward to more in the new year.

2. January 1, 2011 / 7:18 am

That challah was your first? Incredible!! Here’s to a wonderful 2011!

3. January 1, 2011 / 5:10 pm

Happy New Year… if it wasn’t for my lap tops, I’d be there hanging with you.. a lap top makes life so easy for me… I can do my photos, slide in the sd card… The Cheescake with Gelee… super yum!

Happy New Year.

January 2, 2011 / 9:02 am

Thank you Judy, and happy new year to you too!

January 2, 2011 / 9:02 am

*blush* Thank you Belinda, I’m really proud of that bread!

January 2, 2011 / 9:04 am

Bailey, I’ve just been lazy about blogging. I have it all conveniently near buy but just been too lazy to get to work lol. Here’s to being more productive in the new year.

7. Tina
    January 3, 2011 / 12:02 pm

Happy New Yr to you. I just love reading your blog and trying your recipes. Reminds me of back home. The lamb looks so yummy and so does the shrimp. Actually everything loos good. So are you going to post any of those recipes.

8. Aaliyah
    January 4, 2011 / 7:59 am

Hey Jehan,

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

That bread looks soooooo good, do you mind passing on the recipe?

mmm…..yummi bread!

January 5, 2011 / 8:58 am

Hi Tina, happy new year to you also. I wasn’t planning on posting the recipes because I didn’t have time to stop and document the measurements since it was Christmas day.

10. January 5, 2011 / 3:17 pm

Happy New Year!

You made quite a spread! Ummmm, I can imagine how well that challah went with the pepperpot.