Some days call for hearty meals and Beef Stew is one of those hearty, stick to your ribs kind of dishes. Like most stews, this is an easy to make recipe. This can be made on the stove top, in a pressure cooker or in a slow cooker. Beef Stew is a great way to cook tougher cuts of meat because the long cooking time breaks down the meat thus making it tender. I made this using a both a slow cooker and a pressure cooker and here’s how to do it in both. The recipe is also up and my YouTube Channel, be sure to subscribe if you haven’t already.
SLOWCOOKER BEEF STEW:
- Brown beef before adding to slow cooker, this gives the beef a lot of flavor.
- Add browned beef and all other ingredients to the slow cooker including potatoes and carrots.
- Cook on low for high for 4 hours or low for 7-8 hours or until the meat is tender.
- If the sauce needs to be thickened, mix 2 tbsp cold water and 1 tbsp corn starch and add to the stew in the last hour.
PRESSURE COOKER BEEF STEW:
- Once beef has been browned, add liquid to cover beef.
- Pressure on high for 20 minutes.
- Use quick release method.
- Add potatoes and carrots then cook for an additional 20 minutes until the vegetables are tender.