Summer Grilling: Beef Kebabs
Its grilling season and I’ve been doing a lot of grilling lately, so much so that I recently purchased a stovetop grill and I’m looking to purchase a table top charcoal grill. A bit much I know, but a small charcoal grill comes in handy when grilling small amounts of food. It’s all about convenience and ease.
To christen my new stovetop grill, I prepared beef kebabs with a simple marinade that’s readily available in any pantry. If beef isn’t your thing, you can substitute any other type of meat such as pork or chicken. I used rib eye steak which was very tender even when cooked all the way through, it was juicy with a slightly sweet and savory flavor. It’s the perfect recipe for summer entertaining; quick and simple yet impressive.
- 3 lbs steak cut into 1 inch cubes(I used Ribeye)
- ¼ cup olive or canola oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp cumin
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp finely chopped cilantro
- Place beef in a large ziplock bag.
- Add all other ingredients to in a jar, cover the jar and shake until combined. You can also whisk the ingredients vigorously until combined.
- Pour marinade into ziplock bag with meat. Mix until meat is well coated, seal and let sit for 2-4 hours.
- After meat has marinated, place onto skewers, then grill 5 minutes per side until done. You can adjust the cooking time based on your preference of how you like your steak cooked eg. rare, medium, etc.
- Serve warm.