Here’s a quick and simple meal that you can make in a pinch with a few pantry ingredients and fresh herbs. I love salmon croquettes and will make these when in a hurry. It can be made with roasted salmon or canned salmon; be sure to pick out all bones and remove the skin. I used canned salmon for this recipe and used a herbs and pepper to bring a fresh element to the dish. These can be served with a seasoned rice or side salad or even on a bun! Turn these into an appetizer by making them smaller and serving with tartar sauce.
Get the Recipe SALMON CROQUETTES
- 14 oz canned pink salmon, bones and skin removed
- 2 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 of wiri wiri pepper, seed removed and finely chopped(any hot pepper will do)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg beaten
- Place salmon in a bowl and break apart with a fork into small pieces. Add garlic, parsley, lemon juice, pepper(optional but hight recommended), onions, bread crumbs and salt and mix well. Add egg and mix well.
- Next using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop salmon filling and form into shape with your hands. Repeat until all the mixture is used.
- In a heavy bottom frying pan over medium, add oil, about an inch deep. When the oil is hot add the salmon croquettes and fry until golden brown on all sides, flipping to make sure both sides are cooked. Place on a plate lined with paper towel to cool.