How To Make The Best Carrot Cake
This Carrot Cake is an oldie but goodie and family favorite that was given to me by my mother-in-law. I’ve shared it before as a cupcake and today I’m sharing a video on how to make the sheet pan version. I love the simplicity of this cake; all it need is a bowl, spoon and grater and you can have make this cake in not time. The pineapple and oil in this carrot cake makes it super moist.
SCROLL DOWN FOR VIDEO AND RECIPE
I’ve made versions of this cake where I’ve used half whole wheat flour and ½ olive oil and it is just as good as the original! I’ve even used crushed banana and coconut instead of carrots and pineapple and created a banana coconut cake with almond streusel. If you’re looking for a crowd pleasing dessert then this is it! It will disappear in not time. Typically I will make this cake without any frosting but since it’s Easter I decided to kick it up a notch. Even if you’re not a fan of carrot cake you’re going to love this one! Enjoy!
Get the Recipe CARROT CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups finely grated carrots
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained well
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- ½ cup butter softened, room temperature
- 1 -8 oz package cream cheese, room temperature
- 6 cups confectioners’ sugar
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- chopped walnuts, optional
- To make the cake, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon.
- Add sugar, oil and eggs to flour mixture and mix well to combine.
- Next add carrots and pineapple and stir vigorously but do not beat.
- Coat a 13 x 9 baking pan with oil and flour. Pour cake batter into pan
- Place in heat oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the top springs back when touched. Remove from oven and place on a rack to cool.
- To make the frosting place butter and cream cheese in a large bowl and beat on high with an electric mixer for 5 minutes until fluffy.
- Next add confectioners’ sugar and vanilla extract and beat on low until combined, then beat on high for 5 minutes until light and fluffy. Spread on cooled cake and sprinkle with chopped walnuts.