Airfryer Fried Chicken
I recently got an airfryer and I originally posted about it on my Instagram. That was a few weeks ago and I’ve been using the heck out of that thing. I’ve made salmon, shrimp, chicken tenders, chicken wings and pork chops in my airfryer and they have all turned out great! Airfryer Fried Chicken was at the top of my list so I decided to give it a go and like everything that I’ve tried, it was amazing! It was crispy and golden on the outside and juicy in the inside.
My airfryer always produces a juicy piece of meat, regardless of what I’ve cooked in it. I’m not a huge fan of chicken breast because it’s easy to dry out when cooking but thanks to the airfryer I’ve been actually enjoying it. Unlike the conventional oven, the Airfryer cooks quickly while browning the outside while the inside stays super moist.
I seasoned the chicken legs with green seasoning and spices like garlic powder, onion powder and paprika. I did not dip the chicken in milk, buttermilk or egg – I lightly coated it with seasoned flour to form a thin coat. My Airfryer has presets but I tend to manually set the temperature and time since every piece of meat is not uniform in size and will cook at a different rate.
What I love about airfryer fried chicken is that it’s not greasy at all. I’m not a huge fan of frying so I don’t do it that often so I’m happy to find a method that mimics the real thing. I’ve also made oven fried chicken but that takes twice as long as it does in the airfryer! I will be sharing more airfryer recipes so let me know what you would like to see me make in my airfryer and what’s your favorite airfryer dish!
Get the Recipe AIRFRYER FRIED CHICKEN
- 6 chicken legs
- 1 tbsp green seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- Flour mix:
- 1 ½ cup flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Canola spray
- In a bowl season chicken legs with green seasoning, salt, black pepper, paprika, garlic powder and onion powder. Let marinate for an hour.
- In a paper bag mix flour, salt and black pepper.
- Place chicken legs one at a time in the paper bag and shake to coat.
- Spray airfryer basket with canola spray.
- Place chicken side by side; make sure they are not touching. You may need to cook in batches depending on the size of your airfryer. Spray the chicken with canola oil to coat.
- Air fry chicken at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
This post contains affiliate links.