Chickpea Rice: Easy Meal
I shared my Airfryer Fried Chicken and Pork Chops on Instagram recently and so many of you asked about the Chickpea Rice that I served it with. I was so surprised that so many of you requested this recipe because it’s basically a cook up but without meat. I got to working and not only recreated the recipe but I also made a video. If you’re not subscribed to my YouTube Channel be sure to head on over and subscribe.
I share recipes weekly like Trinidadian Corn Pie, Boil and Fry Channa and other ideas such as Spring Pantry Organization and DIY Bar. Chickpeas is an ingredient that I cook with a lot so I tend to always have it in my pantry. I keep canned and dried chickpeas – I use canned for a quick meal and dried when I have more time. Without further ado here is the video and recipe below.
[SCROLL DOWN FOR VIDEO AND RECIPE]
Get the Recipe CHICKPEA RICE
- 1 tsp oil
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 wiri wiri pepper
- 10 sprigs thyme
- 1 tbsp green seasoning
- 14 oz can coconut milk
- 1 ¾ cup water
- 15 oz can chick peas, strained
- 2 chicken bouillon
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups long grain white rice
- Heat oil in a pot then sauté onion, wiri pepper and thyme for about 3 minutes.
- Add green seasoning and sauté for a minute or two.
- Add coconut milk, chick peas, water and chicken bouillon and cook for about 5 minutes, then add rice and black pepper, stir.
- Reduce heat to low then cover pot and cook for 20 minutes until all the liquid has absorbed and the rice is tender. Remove from heat and serve warm.