Apple Crumb Cake
Oh how do I love this time of year. As fall approaches a very familiar warm feeling just comes over me. As I’ve been sharing over on my Instagram page, I’m already indulging in all things fall despite our unseasonably warm weather. It starts with the changing of the leaves, the cooling of the weather and the need for scarves. Maybe it’s the upcoming holidays or the pumpkins and apples foods that are in abundance…whatever the reason is, I love fall. I also love that it means that it’s time to make my favorite Apple Crumb Cake!
This dessert is a salute to fall, it’s applelicious and full of spices and oh so good. It’s a crumb cake that has a secret layer of brown sugared apples hidden beneath the crunchy, cinnamon and brown sugar crumble…oh what a treat! I was hesitant to make this apple crumb cake because I knew that I cannot resist anything apple flavored. So far I’m not doing well, I’ve had a huge chunk of cake for lunch and probably will do so again at dinner time…oh well…I tried.
Did you know that I only make this apple crumb cake between September to November? It’s true – much to my husband’s dismay because he LOVES this cake! I told him that it’s seasonal and to ask again in September. Do you have a seasonal dessert or dish that you only make at certain times of year? I’ve also posted a video for this over on my YouTube Channel where I have a ton of other videos. Be sure to hop on over and subscribe!
SCROLL DOWN FOR VIDEO
Get the Recipe APPLE CRUMB CAKE
- Apple Crumb Cake
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and slice thinly
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- powdered sugar to dust over top.
- Crumb Topping
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Crumb Topping: Mix flour, cinnamon, sugar and margarine together in a bowl with a fork until crumbly. Set aside.
- Cake Batter: Oil and Flour a 8x8 pan. In a small bowl mix sliced apples with 2 tbsp brown sugar, set aside. Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg together in a bowl, set aside. Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add egg one at a time, make sure each egg is well incorporated before adding another egg.
- With the mixer on a low speed, alternately add flour mixture and apple cider to mixture, mix well. Add vanilla extract. Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Place apple slices in one layer across the top of the batter. Sprinkle crumb topping evenly over apple slices.
- Place into oven and bake for 50 mins.
- Allow to cool before dusting with powdered sugar.
yum yum this cake is beautiful. Even looking at it I can imagine how good it taste.What a treat
We still have summer weather here, but my taste buds are turning to cinnamon and apples.
I have saved this recipe to make in a few weeks when our apples are out.
–crumb toppings are my fav.
wow those look yummy! makes me crave for pastries!
I have to try this one. On a side note. Can you do a great salad recipe for me? *grin*
that’s coming soon…keep posted.
that looks amazing! I love apple crumb cake and the crumb topping looks really good too
It tastes amazing!! Its hard to stop with just one piece!!! Thanks Jehan!!!! The whole family enjoys it!
Just finish making this cake!!!! Its so yummy!!! My son loves it, this will be a great hit at family functions. That’s for the great recipe!
Pingback: Vanilla Bean Apple Crumb Cake
Looks wonderful!!! I love all sorts of crumb cake.Do you like nuts? Nut topping is especially yummy! God bless ! 🙂
Judy a nut topping sounds amazing!