Crispy Fried Chicken Wings With Hot Honey Sauce
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CrispyCreations #CollectiveBias
I love fried chicken, I mean who doesn’t! Even though I’m not a huge fan of frying, I make the exception for fried chicken. I’ve shared a few fried chicken recipes over the years on my blog, but it wasn’t until recently that I learned from a good friend how to make the crispiest fried chicken. I now make my fried chicken with a secret ingredient and that’s Argo® Corn Starch!
Making a simple change by replacing half the flour that I coat the chicken in, with Argo corn starch makes a noticeable difference. When you bite into these chicken wings, you can hear the crunch and it also has a light airy texture and that’s because of the Argo cornstarch!
I’m not stranger to using Argo corn starch in the kitchen as it’s a pantry staple. It’s great to thicken stews, soups and gravy and is commonly used in Asian stir fry. Argo corn starch is not just for cooking – you can use it in baking and even outside of the kitchen in slime or sidewalk chalk!
Fried Chicken is great on its own but my husband and I always eat our fried chicken topped with honey and hot sauce so I created a honey hot sauce to go with the chicken. You can coat the chicken with the honey hot sauce or serve it on the side. The sweetness from the honey cools the heat from the hot sauce. You can add more or less of either ingredient depending on how sweet or spicy you like it! The honey hot sauce is the perfect complement to the crispy fried chicken.
Get the Recipe CRISPY FRIED CHICKEN WINGS WITH HOT HONEY SAUCE
- 3-4 lbs chicken wing segments
- Buttermilk brine:
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ sp black pepper
- ½ tsp ground thyme
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Seasoned Cornstarch/Flour Mix:
- 1 cup Argo Cornstarch
- 1 cup flour
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- Canola oil
- Hot Honey Sauce:
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup hot sauce
- Place chicken wing segments in a bowl then add garlic powder, cayenne, paprika, black pepper, thyme, oregano and salt and mix to coat. Pour buttermilk and stir to coat all of the chicken. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Mix Argo Cornstarch, all purpose flour, paprika, dried parsley and salt and shake to combine. Add oil for frying to a large pot and heat over medium heat.
- Place chicken wings about 3 or 4 at a time, in the bag with cornstarch/flour mix and shake to coat. Repeat this process in batches. Place chicken on a rack until ready to fry.
- When oil is hot fry the chicken in batches until golden brown and crispy, about 10 minutes.
- Place on lined paper towel to remove excess oil.
- To make the hot honey sauce, combine honey and hot sauce in small sauce pot and mix to combine. Over a medium fire, heat until the sauce just starts to bubble and then remove from heat. Toss fried chicken wings with honey hot sauce and serve immediately.