Slowcooker Pineapple Bbq Ribs
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ShareSomeSauce #CollectiveBias #ShareSomeSauce #CollectiveBias I’ve been using my slow cooker very frequently lately and it’s come in handy in some many ways. I make slow cooker meals when I know that I have a busy day ahead. Recently I’ve shared a few slowcooker meals like Slowcooker Beans and Oxtails but I’ve been venturing out from the usually roast or stew and recently used it to make the BEST Slowcooker Pineapple BBQ Ribs! These ribs were a hit! What I love about this recipe is that it’s perfect for fall gatherings like friendsgiving, thanksgiving or tailgating because it’s very hands off and can be made in advance. You can make it in the slowcooker then finish off under the broiler when it’s time to serve. I chose baby back ribs for this recipe because it’s not as fatty as spare ribs. The pineapple BBQ sauce, made with Texas Pete Original Hot Sauce, had the perfect balance of heat and sweet. This is sure to be a crowd pleaser and is as easy as can be. Slowcooker Pineapple BBQ Ribs starts with your favorite sauce to which you add canned crushed pineapple, brown sugar and Texas Pete Original Hot Sauce. Texas Pete was perfect in this recipe because it add a bit of heat without overpowering the dish. I’m a huge fan of adding a bit of heat to my food, it balances out the dish and Texas Pete is a great way to add a bit of heat without being overwhelming. This recipe for the BBQ sauce makes quite a bit, so I when I removed the ribs from the sauce, I added it to a pot with canned pinto beans and made the best baked beans to go with the ribs! I also reserved some to serve with the ribs.
Get the Recipe SLOWCOOKER PINEAPPLE BBQ RIBS
- 1 – 18 oz bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 1 – 20 oz can crushed pineapple
- ¼ cup Texas Peter Original Hot Sauce
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 slab baby back ribs
- Place bbq sauce, crushed pineapple, Texas Pete Original Hot Sauce, brown sugar and yellow mustard into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Cut slab of ribs and half and trim excess fat then season with salt and pepper.
- Place one half into the slowcooker, meat side up and pour half of the BBQ sauce to cover.
- Place second slab on top then pour the other half of the BBQ sauce over it. Cover the slowcooker and cook on high for 4 ½ to 5 hours.
- Using tongs remove ribs from slowcooker and place on a baking sheet. Reserve the BBQ sauce to serve with the ribs.
- Place the ribs in oven and broil for 5 minutes. Cut into serving size and serve with BBQ sauce on the side.