White Cheddar Scones
I love cheese scones! When I was a child in primary school in Guyana I use to buy cheese scones from a restaurant called Arapaima that was just down the street from my school. Whenever I has to buy lunch I was head there to grab some of their hot pastries. My favorites were the cheese scones and cheese rolls; can you tell that I am a cheese head!! To this day I still think of those scones so I make a version at home!
I’ve made it before with yellow cheddar cheese but today I made a version using white cheddar cheese and it is amazing. These white cheddar cheese scones pack a punch from the aged cheddar and homemade pepper sauce! Scroll down for the recipe and video! If you haven’t already subscribed to my channel, head on over to do so!
Get the Recipe WHITE CHEDDAR SCONES
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 6 tbsp cold butter, cut into 1 inch pieces.
- 2 cups Cabot Extra Sharp White Cheddar
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ tsp yellow mustard
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place flour, baking powder, butter and salt into a food processor and pulse.
- Finely grate cheddar cheese. In bowl combine flour mixture, grated cheese, mustard, pepper and mix to combine.
- Add cold milk and stir gently to combine.
- Turn onto the counter and gently press together to for a dough. Cut into 8 equal pieces and place onto a baking sheet.
- Mix egg yolk with water. Brush top of scones with egg yolk then place into preheated oven and bake for 17-20 minutes until the tops are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and serve warm.