Fudge: Step By Step With Video
Fudge is one of those recipes that most are intimidated by even though it’s fairly simple. I was once intimidated by making it as well and would leave the task to my sister who’s a master at making fudge. I decided to give it a try and it was easy! I was so confident that I shared my recipe with you guys!
I’ve made a video to showing how to make it so I decided to add the tips and tricks that I shared before. While this is a simple recipe that requires just 3 ingredients, it requires a lot of stirring and patience. Once you’ve started making this recipe, be prepared to hang out by the stove until it’s done.
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR PERFECT FUDGE
- Use a pot that wide, about 12 inches. If the pot is too small, it will take longer to thicken.
- Use a pot that has a heavy bottom. Using a thin pot runs the risk of burning it.
- Cook on medium low to low heat, don’t be tempted to turn the heat up to high or the fudge will burn.
- Prepare pan by buttering or lining with wax paper before you start making the cooking process. It is key to have it ready for when you have to pour the fudge from the pot.
- Stir periodically while scraping the bottom and sides of the pot – this prevents burning.
- DO NOT BURN THE FUDGE
With these tips in hand along with the recipe and video, go forth and make fudge!
Get the Recipe HOW TO MAKE PERFECT FUDGE
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1-12 oz can evaporated milk
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper or butter and set aside.
- Place milk, sugar and butter in a heavy bottom sauce pan over medium to low heat and melt sugar while stirring, about 10 minutes.
- Next bring to a boil. Allow the fudge to simmer until it begins to thicken.
- When the fudge begins to thicken and becomes difficult to stir, remove from heat and let cook for about 5 minutes the stir vigorously until the fudge has thickened, this should take about 5 minutes.
- Pour into prepared pan and smooth. Allow to cool before cutting into pieces.