Chicken Curry Patty Video
Get the Recipe CHICKEN CURRY PATTY VIDEO
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 6 ½ oz cold butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 7 tbsp cold water
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 sprigs thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 scallion finely chopped
- 1 chicken bouillon
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 egg yolk, for basting pastry
- Makes 20 pastries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Place curry powder and flour into a large bowl. Rub butter into flour using fingertips until mixture resembles small breadcrumbs. I used my food processor to quicken the process. Make a well and add egg yolks and water. Mix to form dough. Form dough into a ball and then flatten, cover with cling wrap and place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- While dough chills, make the filling. In a small bowl, place curry powder, garlic and enough water to form a paste. Over a medium fire, heat canola oil. Add curry paste and onion and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. If the mixture gets dry.
- Add chicken thighs, thyme; cook for 10 minutes then add chicken stock. Bring to boil, then lower the fire to a simmer.
- Cook for 20 minutes. Remove chicken and shred finely.
- To the pot, add 1 tablespoon of flour and 2 tablespoon water and stir to combine, cook for about 2-3 mins until thickened.
- Add chicken and scallion into the sauce; mix well. Remove from fire and cool.
- Prepare egg wash by mixing 1 egg yolk with 1 tablespoon of water.
- While filling cools, remove the dough from the refrigerator. On a lightly floured surface roll dough to 1/8 inch thickness. Cut 3 inch circles (you can use a biscuit cutter or a glass) to fit the tart pans. Place half of the cutout pastries in the pan. Place a spoonful of filling into each patty. Try to fill each patty with the same amount.
- Brush ends with egg wash, place the remaining pastry on the top. Go around the edges with a fork to seal. Prick the top with a fork.
- Brush tops with egg wash.
- Place in oven and cook for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Eat while warm.