This blog post is sponsored by Rubbermaid, but all opinions are my own
The older I become, the more I’m all about organization and having a place for everything. I find myself constantly looking for the perfect pieces to organize my life, from my bathroom to my kitchen. I organized my pantry last spring and it made life so much better! My kitchen still needed help in other areas, so I was excited to learn about Rubbermaid Brilliance containers; they have totally upgraded my fridge and elevated my food prep! These containers are crystal clear, 100% leak proof and made of stain resistant material.
Want to try the Brilliance line for your meal prep and food storage? I have 5 sets to give away, so be sure to head to my latest Instagram post and comment using #PrepBrilliantly for a chance to win a Rubbermaid Brilliance set for yourself!
The modular design makes Rubbermaid Brilliance containers easy to stack, which makes organizing my fridge a breeze. I recently tuned into Rubbermaid’s Instagram Live Prep School with Katherine Schwarzenegger and Jocelyn Delk Adams of Grandbaby Cakes, where they used a few simple everyday ingredients to create so many delicious dishes! Since we’re going to the store less and cooking at home more, it’s so important that your most-used ingredients stay fresh and that your prepped meals keep for as long as possible. If you missed the Live, be sure to check Rubbermaid’s IGTV on Instagram for the recap.
I created all of these dishes using my everyday pantry staples. I selected ingredients I always have on hand which are rice, coconut milk, chickpeas and canned tuna. Some are already on the blog while the Tuna Croquettes are new! I made Chickpea Rice, Coconut Rice, Sauteed Chickpeas, Chickpea Curry, Tuna Croquettes and tuna sandwiches. For the tuna sandwiches I made a simple tuna salad with canned tuna, mayo, sweet relish, finely diced celery, red onion, salt and pepper and sandwiched it with a crusty Italian bread I found at the local bakery. Be sure to scroll down for the Tuna Croquette recipe.
Get the Recipe TUNA CROQUETTES
- 2 – 5 oz cans tuna in water, drained
- ¼ cup red onion, finely diced
- 1 cup mashed potato
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 scallion finely chopped
- 1 ½ tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- 1 beaten egg
- ½ cup flour
- Oil for frying
- In a bowl mix tuna, red onion, mashed potato, lemon juice, black pepper, scallion, garlic, salt and parsley. Add beaten egg and mix to combine.
- To form the croquettes, roll about 2 tbsp of mixture between your palms then place on a plate lined with parchment paper.
- Place into the fridge for half an hour so that it can become firm.
- Place flour into a plate then roll each tuna croquette in the flour to lightly coat.
- Heat oil in a skillet; when oil is hot, fry the tuna croquettes over medium heat until golden brown on both sides.
- Place on a plate lined with a paper towel to drain excess oil. Serve warm.
- Saving some for later? Store in Rubbermaid Brilliance containers and put in the fridge!
I love your recipes and website! Can you please have a small photo show up on the print copy of your recipes. The large photos sucks up too much ink when printed.
Hi Helen, thank you! You can also print without the photo.