Shepherd’s Pie With Sweet Potatoes
“This shop has been compensated by Inmar Intelligence and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.”#KindersAtWalmart
Shepherd’s Pie is a perfect comfort meal for the cooler months. What’s great about this dish is that it’s easy to make, very versatile and is a crowd pleaser. Shepherd’s Pie, which is of English origin, is basically a ground meat filling topped with a layer of mashed potato. Traditionally it is made with ground lamb and is known as cottage pie if made with ground beef, but here in the US it is most commonly made with ground beef.
The topping for shepherd’s pie is usually made with mashed potatoes but sweet potatoes give it an earthier flavor. It complements the savory beef filling well! The meat is cooked with tons of onions and seasoned with Kinder’s® The Blend Seasoning. Kinder’s The Blend Seasoning is a combination of chunks of garlic, salt and cracked black pepper and is great for seasoning a variety of proteins and gave the beef rich flavor with minimal effort.
The sweet potato topping is a nice change for the usual mashed potatoes. The heavy cream and butter toned down the natural sweetness in sweet potatoes making it a more savory. Kinder’s Woodfired Garlic Seasoning, which has a rich flavor of garlic smoked over real hardwood, was a nice addition to the sweet potatoes. Kinder’s seasonings are high quality that you can taste and add delicious flavor in a matter of minutes! They can be purchased at Walmart. Click the image below to add products to your cart!
Get the Recipe SHEPHERD'S PIE WITH SWEET POTATOES
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- ½ pack dried onion soup mix
- 1 tbsp Kinder's The Blend Seasoning
- 1 tbsp flour
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- About ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp Kinder's Woodfired Garlic
- Seasoning to taste
- Brown beef in pot with oil then add chopped onion, onion soup mix and Kinder's The Blend Seasoning and stir to combine.
- Cook for about 5 minutes until the onion softens, then add flour and mix well. Cook for about 3-4 minutes, then add beef broth.
- Cook on medium for about 15 minutes until the meat is tender then remove from heat and add frozen peas and carrots.
- Boil sweet potatoes in salted water until soft then mash with heavy cream, butter, Kinder's Woodfired Garlic Seasoning and salt. Mash until creamy and smooth.
- Place meat filling into a baking dish then top with mashed sweet potatoes.
- Place into an oven preheated to 350 degrees and bake for 20 minutes.