Crispy Fish Sandwich
This shop has been compensated by Inmar Intelligence and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MyFavoriteRolls #SistersKroger #SisterSchuberts
As a mom of two, I am always looking for easy recipes and shortcuts when it comes to meals. Sandwiches are quick and easy meals that are easily customizable. Crispy Fish Sandwich is one of those meals that’s amazing but is ready in 30 minutes or less. Fish fillets fry up quickly and Sister Schubert’s® Dinner Yeast Roll 10 count makes the perfect bun.
Sister Schubert’s® Dinner Yeast Rolls are more than just a Thanksgiving side – it’s perfect for everyday meals, and takes just 5-10 minutes from oven to table. These rolls have real homemade taste for real life and can be found at Kroger’s or your local supermarket in the frozen aisle. Click here to shop Kroger for these favorites!
What I love about these rolls is that you just pop it into the oven to heat and it tastes as though I’ve made it from scratch. The dinner yeast rolls are perfect for this sandwich because they are hearty and holds all of the components of the sandwich together.
For the fish, I chose whiting because it’s perfect for frying but any white fish works for this recipe. The fish is seasoned with hints of allspice, black pepper and smoked paprika and fried in a cornmeal crust. You can use seasoned bread crumbs or seasoned flour but using a half cornmeal, half flour crust makes a golden brown and perfectly crispy crust.
Get the Recipe Crispy Fish Sandwich
- 2 lbs boneless whiting fillets
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup flour
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp allspice
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 1 pack of Sister Schubert’s® Dinner Rolls 10 count
- Tartar Sauce:
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp sweet relish
- Shredded lettuce
- Cut fish into pieces large enough to cover the roll. Place in a bowl with lemon juice and let stand for about 10 minutes then rinse.
- In a small bowl mix salt, allspice, black pepper and paprika and set aside.
- Mix cornmeal, flour and half of the seasoning mix in a shallow bowl. Add the remained of the seasoning to the fish and mix until coated. Coat the fish on both sides with the seasoned cornmeal mix and shake to remove excess.
- Heat oil in a pan over high heat and when oil is hot, fry fish until golden brown on both sides. Remove from oil and place on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Heat rolls according to directions on the package.
- To make the tartar sauce, mix mayo, lemon juice and sweet relish together in a bowl.
- To assemble the sandwich, cut rolls in half then top with shredded lettuce and fried fish. Spread a dollop of tartar sauce on the bun and top. Enjoy!