This post is sponsored by Mueller’s Pasta. All opinions are my own.
Fall is usually a very busy time of year. With the holiday’s approaching, this is the busiest time for bloggers. A quick meal like this Sausage Rigatoni which takes less than 30 minutes to make is perfect for when life gets busy. It’s quick, simple and very satisfying. Great meals don’t need to be complicated and using real ingredients like fresh vegetables and Mueller’s pasta, which is made with high quality wheat and filtered water, makes a difference that you can taste.
I love how quickly this dish comes together. Using Italian sausage instead of ground beef adds bold flavor to the sauce and garlic, oregano and basil kicks it up a notch. Rigatoni works well because the sauce finds its way into the middle and makes for one delicious bite! I love using Mueller’s pasta because they truly believe that what’s inside matters and make their pasta with quality ingredients. Mueller’s pasta is minimally processed, Non-GMO and has a 100+ year history of using high quality durum wheat grown using responsible farming techniques. Mueller’s pasta is available for purchase in a variety of shapes in grocery stores across the Southeast and a few regions in the Midwest.
Get the Recipe SAUSAGE RIGATONI
- 5 Italian sausage, removed from casing
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 12 oz Mueller’s Rigatoni
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 1 ¼ cup chicken broth
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Chopped parsley and parmesan to garnish
- In a pot over high heat add olive oil. When oil is hot add sausage and crumble using a spoon.
- When sausage is brown add onion, red pepper and garlic and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, and then scrape the bottom of the pan to release the brown bits. Add tomato puree, basil, oregano, salt and pepper and stir to combine. Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Cook Mueller’s Rigatoni pasta in salted water according to the directions on the box. Strain pasta then add to sauce and mix to combine. Remove from heat and garnish with chopped parsley and parmesan cheese.