Shrimp Rasta Pasta
This post is sponsored by Mueller’s Pasta. All opinions are my own.
Shrimp Rasta Pasta is a dish that was created here in the States. It’s essentially a creamy, Alfredo sauce that’s given a Caribbean flair by adding jerk seasoning. The sauce is then tossed with pasta and can be served vegetarian or with meat – jerk shrimp and chicken are the most popular. Mueller’s Penne was perfect for this recipe. This meal can be made vegan by using coconut milk in place of cream and not using cheese or meat. Here’s a Coconut Pasta recipe that can easily be adapted to create a vegan version.
As indicated in the name, Shrimp Rasta Pasta, pasta is a key component for this dish. Short pasta such as penne is commonly used but you can also use linguini. I selected Mueller’s because you can truly taste the difference; they believe that what’s inside matters. They use real and simple ingredients including high quality wheat and filtered water and I’m a firm believer that real ingredients make a better meal. Mueller’s Pasta is also Non-GMO and minimally processed.
I used wild caught large shrimp that’s been peeled and deveined for this recipe. The shrimp was seasoned with jerk seasoning and then sautéed. For even more flavor you can grill or air fry the shrimp. Chicken breast is a great alternative and can be easily subbed for shrimp. I’m sharing a video for this recipe as well so be sure to check that out! Be sure subscribe to my YouTube Channel if you haven’t already.
Get the Recipe SHRIMP RASTA PASTA
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 ½ tsp jerk seasoning
- ½ tsp crushed garlic
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- For the pasta:
- 12 oz Mueller’s Penne pasta
- ½ red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ orange bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp jerk seasoning
- 2 tbsp crushed garlic
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt to taste
- Place shrimp in a bowl with jerk seasoning, crushed garlic and salt and mix to combine.
- Cook Mueller’s Penne pasta in salted water according to the directions on the box.
- In a pan, heat oil. When the oil is hot, sauté the shrimp for 2 minutes on the first side then 1 minute on the other side.
- Remove shrimp from the pan and place into a bowl.
- To the same pan, add peppers and sauté for about 2-3 minutes then add garlic and jerk seasoning and cook for an additional minute.
- Add chicken stock to the pot and stir while scraping the bottom to remove the bit that’s stuck to the pan.
- Add heavy cream and lower heat and simmer. When the sauce has thickened, remove from heat and add grated parmesan cheese and stir until the cheese has melted.
- Add pasta and shrimp to the sauce and stir to combine. Serve warm.