This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of BUSH’S® Beans. All opinions are 100% mine.
With the holidays quickly approaching, I’m always thinking of ways to make it a little less chaotic. Even though this year will be different as our gatherings will be smaller, it seems like most of us are still planning on spending a lot of time in the kitchen. If you’re like me, then holiday prep starts days ahead. Meat is seasoned a day or two before the big day and desserts and some dishes are made the day before. With all the main focus being on the big day, daily meals seem to take a backseat. Pumpkin Chili is a great dish that’s a no fuss, hands off meal that’s easy to make in large quantity and keeps you feeling full.
Chili is one of my go-to meals in the winter. I love chili! It’s super easy to make and so good. All it takes is just a few ingredients and you have a warm, satisfying meal. Pumpkin chili is just like the classic but with pumpkin added. BUSH’S® Pinto Beans in a Medium Chili Sauce make it even easier because the beans are simmered in a chili sauce that complements any chili. Chile peppers, onions and tomatoes give the chili sauce the right amount of heat. BUSH’S® Beans is a 110-year family owned company, still operating out of Chestnut, TN, and cares deeply about what’s in their food and how they make it. They use only the best beans and never compromise on quality.
For the pumpkin chili, I used BUSH’S Pinto Beans in a Medium Chili Sauce along with smoky chipotle peppers which gave it a bold, deep flavor. The pumpkin thickens the sauce which makes it a hearty meal. This is great on its own or can be served with a variety of toppings such as shredded cheese, sour cream, cornbread or chips.
Get the Recipe PUMPKIN CHILI
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup onions
- 1 ½ tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 – 15 oz cans BUSH’S Pinto Beans in a Medium Chili Sauce
- 2 oz Chipotle peppers, finely diced
- 1- 15 oz canned pumpkin
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- Salt to taste
- In a large pot, add oil and ground beef and cook until beef is browned.
- Remove from heat and carefully remove excess fat.
- Add onion and garlic, and cook for about 3-4 minutes, until the onions have softened
- Add cumin, chili powder, chipotle peppers, crushed tomatoes, pumpkin, BUSH’S® Pinto Beans in a
- Medium Chili Sauce, water and salt, and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer. Cover and cook for 35-40 minutes. Remove from heat and serve warm.