Lemon Pepper Cream Pasta
This post is sponsored by Mueller’s Pasta. All opinions are my own.
I keep a well-stocked pantry – beans, rice, canned fish and pasta are some of the
items that I always have available. I also keep items that are easy to prepare when
life gets busy. Items like Mueller’s Lemon Pepper Flavor Infused Rotini or canned
beans help to have a meal on the table in no time. Mueller’s has a line of flavor
infused pasta which comes in three varieties: Garlic and Chive Infused Penne,
Tuscan Italian Style Infused Rotini and Lemon Pepper Infused Rotini. Their high-
quality pasta is infused with herbs and spices, which adds extra flavor without any
extra steps and makes preparing a delicious meal easy. Plus, Mueller’s pastas
contain no artificial flavors or preservatives.
LEMON CREAMY PASTA WITH BACON AND PEAS
This dish is super easy and is made using Mueller’s Lemon Pepper Flavor Infused Rotini, which is tossed in a cream sauce that has garlic, bacon, peas and lemon zest. The lemon zest is amazing – it helps to balance the richness of the cream sauce while brightening the dish.
WHAT VEGETABLES CAN I USE?
I used frozen green peas, but spinach, broccoli, asparagus or mushrooms would work well in this dish.
CAN THIS BE MADE WITHOUT BACON?
A variety of other proteins can be used such as sautéed salmon, crabmeat, chicken, shrimp or sausage. Sauté the chicken, salmon, shrimp or sausage as you would the bacon, then add to the finished dish. Stir in crab meat in the last 5 minutes of cooking.
CAN I MAKE A MEATLESS VERSION?
This dish is versatile and can be made meatless. To make it without bacon, melt the butter then sauté garlic and lemon zest for about a minute and follow the rest of the steps in the recipe.
Get the Recipe LEMON PEPPER CREAM PASTA
- Lemon Pepper Cream Pasta
- 1 box Mueller’s Lemon Pepper Flavor Infused Rotini
- 4 pieces Bacon
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Chicken broth
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 2 tsp Parsley
- 1 cup Frozen peas
- In a pot over high heat, bring salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 9-11 minutes then strain.
- Add chopped bacon to a skillet and cook until browned. Remove bacon from the pan and discard all but
- 1 tablespoon of the bacon fat.
- Add butter. Once butter has melted, add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Then add cream, broth, salt
- and black pepper.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes until the sauce thickens. Then add peas and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add pasta and chopped parsley, stir to combine. Remove from heat and serve warm.