The Best House Special Fried Rice
House Special Fried Rice is a combination of fluffy rice, chicken, shrimp and lap cheoung cooked with peas and carrots flavored with ginger, garlic and soy sauce.
Fried Rice is one of my favorite meals. House Special Fried Rice is fried rice that’s made with a combination of meats. Chicken, Shrimp, Lap Cheoung (Chinese sausage) and egg all come together to make this amazing dish. This recipe will make you forget take out because it’s better than takeout! Here are a few tips and tricks on how to make the best fried rice and down forget to scroll down for the video!
TIPS FOR MAKING THE BEST FRIED RICE:
Use cold rice: Cold rice makes the best fried rice; the rice cooks perfectly and tends to not clump together. It’s best to make the rice the night before but this recipe shows you how to make the rice the same day if you forget to prep ahead of time.
Prep all ingredients: This is a dish that cooks quickly so it’s best to have all the ingredients prepped before you start to cook.
Use a large wide pot: A wok is the best pot to use for this recipe however if you don’t have a wok, then a wide cooking pan will do. This help the rice to spread out and fry rather than steam as it’s being cooked.
Add sesame oil: Sesame oil gives fried rice an amazing flavor. Just a few teaspoons goes a long way. The toasty flavor adds bold flavor without being overpowering but be sure to use it sparingly.
Scramble eggs in same pan: No need to dirty another pot, simply move the vegetables to the side and scramble the eggs.
OTHER FRIED RICE RECIPES:
Get the Recipe HOUSE SPECIAL FRIED RICE
- House Special Fried Rice
- 2 ½ cup long grained white rice
- 2 tbsp + 2 tsp dark soy sauce
- ¾ tsp Chinese Five Spice Powder
- 4 cups water
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into small pieces
- 10 oz shrimp
- 1 cup Lap Cheoung cut into cubes
- 2 tsp crushed ginger
- 2 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 4 scallion, finely chopped
- Canola oil
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- Wash rice until the water runs clear; you may need to wash the rice 4-5 times.
- Add rice, water, 2 tablespoon soy sauce and Chinese five spice powder and stir. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to the lowest setting then cover the pot.
- Cook until rice has absorbed all of the water and is cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Place rice in a large baking dish or sheet pan and spread out using a fork. Allow to cool completely.
- Season chicken thighs with 1 tsp soy sauce, 1 tsp ginger, 1 tsp garlic and ½ tsp black pepper then set aside.
- Season shrimp with 1 tsp soy sauce, 1 tsp ginger, 1 tsp garlic and ½ tsp black pepper then set aside.
- To a large cooking pan or wok, add 1 tsp canola oil. When oil is hot add shrimp and sauté for 2-3 minutes then remove from the pot and set aside.
- Repeat this process with the chicken but cook until the chicken is browned on all sides and cooked through, about 6-7 minutes. Remove from pot.
- Cook Chinese sausage for about 2-3 minutes then remove from the pot and set aside.
- Add chopped onions and sauté for 2-3 minutes before adding the frozen vegetables. Stir fry vegetables for 2 minutes then move to the side and add the beaten egg.
- Scramble egg while cooking, for about 1 minute.
- Add egg, vegetables, shrimp, chicken and Chinese sausage to the cooled rice and mix to combine.
- To the pot add 1 tsp canola oil and 2 tsp sesame oil. Add rice to the pot and stir fry for about 2 minutes then remove from heat and mix in scallion. Enjoy!