Braised Boneless Short Ribs
Braised Boneless Short Ribs cooked with robust herbs such as rosemary, thyme and garlic is slow cooked until it’s tender and flavorful.
Braised Boneless Short Ribs is cooked slowly in the oven, which makes it incredibly flavorful and tender. Boneless beef chuck roast is the cut of beef known as boneless short ribs. This dish is best enjoyed over rice or with mashed potatoes. Rosemary, thyme and garlic gives this dish a robust flavor. Braising is cooking meat low and slow in liquid, this method breaks down the meat which makes it tender. Pot roast is another example of which meat is braised until its tender.
Using tough cuts of beef like chuck roast, brisket, short ribs or romp roast is ideal for this dish. This is not a dish that’s to be rushed. Braised Boneless Short Ribs ideal for a lazy Sunday dinner. Nestled in a plate of garlic mashed potatoes or on a bed or rice, this is the ultimate comfort food. Vegetables such as carrots or potatoes can be added to make an even heartier meal.
Get the Recipe BRAISED BONELESS SHORT RIBS
- 2 lbs boneless beef chuck short ribs
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp oil
- ½ cup diced celery
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 tbsp crushed garlic
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 cups beef stock or 2 cups water and 2 tsp beef base
- 2 bay leaves
- ¼ tsp dried rosemary
- 3 pepperoncini
- 10 sprigs thyme
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Season beef on all sides with salt and pepper. Heat oil in
an oven safe pot, when the oil is hot add beef and brown on all sides. Remove
beef from the pot and sauté onions, celery, and garlic until soften.
- Add beef broth or water with beef base and tomato paste and mix to combine. Add browned beef back to the pot. Add water if needed, water should almost cover the beef.
- Add bay leaf, rosemary, pepperoncini, thyme, and dried parsley. Bring to a boil then turn off heat and cover.
- Place into preheated oven and cook for 3 hours or until the beef is tender. Remove from oven and serve over garlic mashed potatoes.