Easy Homemade Loaf Bread (Video)
This Homemade Loaf Bread is perfect for sandwiches. This buttery bread is super easy and perfect for beginners! Be sure to check out the video as well as my other bread recipes: Guyanese Plait Bread, Hard Dough Bread, Tennis Rolls, Whole Wheat Bread, Sweet Bread, Aniseed Bread
Get the Recipe Loaf Bread
- 1 tbsp yeast
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 ¼ cup warm milk, 110 degrees
- ½ cup melted butter + 1 tbsp for brushing the top
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 cups flour
- Mix milk, sugar and yeast in a mixing bowl and let yeast
activate for 10 minutes.
- Add flour, melted butter and salt, and mix to combine.
- Knead bread for 10 minutes until dough is smooth and no longer
- Place in a large, greased bowl and cover loosely with a cloth
or cling wrap.
- Let dough rise in a warm place for 45 minutes or until
doubled in size.
- Punch down the middle of bread, then turn onto an unfloored surface.
- To form the loaf, roll dough out to for a rectangle then fold
over in thirds and press gently to remove any air pockets.
- Place in a greased loaf pan and press dough so it fills in any
gaps in the pan.
- Cover loosely with cling wrap and allow to rise for 30
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove cling wrap and place into oven and bake for 25-30
minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and brush the top with melted butter. After 10 minutes remove bread from the pan
and place on a rack. Serve warm with
- Store at room temperature in a Ziploc bag or airtight
container for 3-4 days.