Fried Pork Chops
Fried Pork Chops are an easy and delicious dish. Pork chops are coated in a seasoned flour mixture then fried until golden brown and crispy. This can be served with rice and a rich homemade gravy. For this recipe bone-in pork chops work best; this cut tends to be a bit fatty and the bone helps it to retain moisture which results in pork chops that are crispy on the outside and juicy in the middle.
WHAT CUT OF PORK CAN BE USED
Bone-in pork chops will be the tastiest, but you can also use boneless pork chops. I used thin cut pork chops which fried quickly however you can use whichever thickness you prefer. Using a thicker cut mean that it will take longer to cook so be sure to reduce the heat so that it doesn’t burn before being completely cooked.
DISHES TO SERVE WITH FRIED PORK CHOPS
Get the Recipe Fried Pork Chops
- 8 bone-in pork chops, thin cut
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp sazon
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup milk
- Oil to fry
- 1 tbsp pork chop oil
- ½ tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 ½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp poultry seasoning
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Mix seasonings together in a small bowl. Season pork chops with 1/3 of the seasoning. Place flour in a wide brimmed bowl like a pie dish. Add remaining seasoning mix and stir to combine.
In a bowl mix eggs with milk. Beat well until no streaks of eggs remain. Dip pork chop in flour then shake to remove any excess flour. Dip in the egg and milk mixture, making sure to coat both sides.
- Dip again in the flour, coating both sides the shake to remove excess flour.
- Add oil, about ½ inch deep, to a cast iron pan. When oil is hot, fry pork chops until golden brown on both sides.
- To make the gravy, add 1 tbsp of oil that was used to fry the pork, into a pan. Add butter and melt. Add flour and whisk to combine. Cook about 3-4 minutes until the flour becomes a golden brown color. Add chicken broth, salt, black pepper, poultry seasoning and Worcestershire sauce and whisk to combine.
- Cook on medium until the gravy thickens and coats the back of a spoon. Remove from heat and serve warm.