Stove Top White Macaroni And Cheese
Macaroni and cheese, or so fondly referred to as mac n’ cheese is a dish loved by one and all; it’s creamy, cheesy and comforting. I’m a lover of cheese so this is right up my alley.
This is a simple recipe that will be on your table in less than 30 minutes so it’s perfect for the midweek craving. You know, when you just have to have it but you don’t want to spend an hour waiting for it to bake nor eat the box stuff.
The combination of seriously sharp white cheddar cheese, creamy provolone and parmesan cheese was out of this world! According to my husband, he didn’t even remember the rest of the meal, it was that good.
Get the Recipe STOVE TOP WHITE MACARONI AND CHEESE
- 16 oz box of macaroni, cooked according to directions
- 8 oz sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 oz provolone cheese, shredded
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 cups milk
- ¼ tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- In a large pot over low heat, melt butter then add flour and stir to combine. Cook for a minute stirring frequently then add milk slowly and whisk to combine until smooth. Cook over low heat until milk thickens, about 3-5 minutes. Add mustard, salt, white pepper, cayenne pepper, cheddar, provolone and parmesan and stir until it melts. Add the pasta to the sauce and cook for an additional minute. Remove from heat and allow to sit for 5 minutes so the sauce can thicken. Serve!