Salmon Sliders With Jalapeno Mayo
Messaging below is intended for ages 21+ and is intended to be enjoyed responsibly, in moderation: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BeersAndBuns #CollectiveBias
Right now it’s all about game day and in my house the TV is always on the sports channel either watching the game or highlights. For some reason watching sports brings on a big appetite so it’s great to have bits and bites on hand for the sport enthusiast. I must admit that I’m usually more into the food than the actual game – I’m usually that one person who always has a full plate in hand.
I know the importance of having something to munch on so I always make sure to have a nice spread when it’s our time to host. I like to have a nice variety of foods and these salmon sliders with spicy jalapeno mayo is a nice change from the usual meat heavy spread. Pepperidge Farm® Bakery Classics Sweet and Soft Slider Buns were perfect for the salmon patties; these buns are created by real bakers and are the perfect addition to any game day spread. I picked up a pack at Kroger’s along with a six pack of Warsteiner Premium German Pilsener, but any other pilsner will work. Warsteiner is one of Germany’s leading premium pilsener brands, and is a refreshing pale gold with a crisp, clean taste which is perfect with the salmon sliders. Kroger is currently offering coupons and discount on the slider buns and various other products. Click here to access their Game Day Greats site.
For the sliders, I kept the flavors simple because I didn’t want the natural flavors of the salmon to get lost. Garlic, cilantro and a splash of lime juice added a touch of freshness while the mayo kept it moist and juicy as it cooked. The spicy jalapeno sauce added just the right amount of heat without overpowering your taste buds; these spicy sliders were a nice change from the traditional burger.
Get the Recipe SALMON SLIDERS WITH JALAPENO MAYO
- 1 lb salmon, boneless and skinless
- Juice of ½ small lime
- 2 tsp finely chopped cilantro
- ¼ sp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¾ cup fresh breadcrumbs
- Thinly sliced cucumber
- Pepperidge Farm Sweet and Soft Slider Buns
- Jalapeno Mayo
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Juice of ½ lime
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ jalapeno pepper
- ½ tsp cilantro, chopped
- To make the sliders, chop salmon into small pieces. Place salmon into a food processor and pulse a few times to roughly chop, do not allow it to become a paste.
- Place in a bowl and add lime juice, cilantro, red pepper flakes, salt, mayo and bread crumbs and stir to combine. Form into 6-8 patties and cook on a greased grill pan.
- Cook over medium low fire until brown then flip the patty to brown the other side. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Serve on a bun with spicy jalapeno mayo and thinly sliced cucumber.
- To make the Jalapeno Mayo, place the mayonnaise, lime juice, garlic clove, jalapeno pepper and cilantro into a blender and blend until smooth.