Pumpkin Cheesecake with Whiskey Whipped Cream is the perfect fall dessert. Pumpkin pie and cheesecake are combined to create this amazing Pumpkin Cheesecake topped with a homemade Whiskey Whipping Cream.
I clearly remember my first taste of cheesecake, no it wasn’t pumpkin cheesecake, it was a vanilla New York style cheesecake. It was back in 1993 when I first moved to the US from Guyana and let me tell you…I could barely swallow more than a bite. It was super rich and more than my palate could take. I was coming from a country where we didn’t eat super rich foods and very few desserts so the richness of the cheesecake was unlike anything I had ever had. Now I’m not one to give up, especially when it comes to food so years later I gave it a try another try and I was hooked.
Over the years, I’ve had many versions of cheesecake but my favorite is Pumpkin Cheesecake. I love cheesecake and I love pumpkin pie so of course it was only natural for me to fall in love with a dessert that combines both; it truly is the best of both worlds. Pumpkin cheesecake has the richness and creamy texture of cheesecake with subtle hints of pumpkin and the warm spices.
I’m one of those people…as soon as September rolls around I break out all things pumpkin and apple until Christmas season rolls around. I’ve already shared one pumpkin recipe this month and that’s my Pumpkin Rice Stuffed Chicken Breast and it is amazing so be sure to check it out! If you’re looking for a something to warm you up, be sure to check my Caribbean Chicken and Pumpkin Soup. It’s barely mid month and I’ve already made an apple pie, an apple crumb cake and now this amazing Pumpkin Cheesecake. Is anyone else crazy for Fall like me? Be sure to follow along on my Instagram for my fall adventures.
I know that some people are intimidated by baking, but a cheesecake is super easy to make and is hard to mess up. A basic cheesecake only needs a few ingredients and not much skill to be honest but if you a bit unsure I will share a few tips so that you can make the best pumpkin cheesecake! Always start with room temperature cream cheese and eggs, whip the cream cheese until it’s light and fluffy before adding any other ingredients. Use the bottom of a glass or measuring cup to flatten the cookie crust, you’re guaranteed to have a more even crust. A lot of cheesecake recipes call for the cheesecake to be baked in a water bath but I skipped it this time around, and that’s just fine. I’ve done it both ways in the past and it all comes down to how I’m feeling that day! I topped off my Pumpkin Cheesecake with a Whiskey Whipped Cream using Highland Park Magnus Single Malt Scotch Whiskey which is easy to make but a great addition. Now without further ado I give you my Pumpkin Cheesecake with Whiskey Whipped Cream.
Get the Recipe PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE WITH WHISKEY WHIPPED CREAM
- 1 ½ cups finely crushed gingersnaps or graham crackers
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 2 – 8oz packages cream cheese, room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 – 15oz can pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp whisky
- Whiskey Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup whipping cream or heavy cream
- 1 tbsp milk powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp whisky
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare the crust by mixing gingersnap crumbs, sugar and melted butter. Stir to combine then place in a 9 inch spring form pan. Press down the crust by using the bottom or a glass or baking cup to form an even layer. Set aside.
- Beat room temperature cream cheese using a mixer until the cream cheese is light, fluffy and smooth.
- Add sugar and mix until combine, just about a minute. Be sure to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl so that the cream cheese can be well beaten.
- Next add eggs and beat until combined. Then add pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, cinnamon, ginger, clove and whisky and mix until combined. Pour in to the prepare crust then place in the preheated oven.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes. The center of the cheesecake will jiggle slightly. Remove from oven and allow the cheesecake to cool completely before placing in the fridge to cool. It’s best if it’s made a day before so that it can be refrigerated overnight.
- Serve with Whiskey Whipped Cream.
- To prepare the Whiskey Whipped Cream place 1 cup whipped cream, 1 tbsp milk powder, 1 tbsp sugar in a mixing bowl and whisk until firm peaks are formed. Gently fold in 1 tbsp of whiskey. Chill until ready to serve.