Baked Chicken Alfredo Pasta
Some dishes are comfort foods and Baked Chicken Alfredo is the ultimate comfort food. It’s warm, gooey, stick to your ribs good. It’s a fairly simple recipe that uses a modified homemade Alfredo sauce. Once you make your own Alfredo sauce you will never buy it again! Not only does it taste better but its super easy to make!Baked Chicken Alfredo is the perfect one dish meal because it also has thinly sliced seasoned chicken breast baked right in. This doesn’t last long at all in our house! It’s a hit with the kids and with the adults.
The perfect pasta for this dish is any short pasta like penne or rigatoni; these work well because the sauce gets into the nooks and in the middle as well. For the sauce a combination of milk and cream was used, if making the traditional alfredo sauce it requires heavy cream. A classic Alfredo sauce doesn’t have flour but flour is a binder since it is being baked and this helps it hold together.
Get the Recipe BAKED CHICKEN ALFREDO PASTA
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp dried parsley flakes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 16 oz penne pasta
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 ½ tsp crushed garlic
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- 8 oz mozzarella
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- Season chicken breast with ¼ tsp salt, ½ tsp black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and 1 tsp dried parsley.
- Heat oil on a pan and brown chicken on both sides until cooked. Let chicken rest for about 10 minutes before slicing into thin strips.
- Cook pasta about a minute less than the directions in the box. Strain and set aside.
- In a pan, add butter. When butter has melted add crushed garlic and cook for about 30 seconds then, stir in flour and whisk until smooth. Cook for 2-3 minutes then slowly stir in milk and cream.
- Cook on low heat until the sauce begins to thicken, for about 5 minutes. Add salt, black pepper and parmesan and stir until the cheese has melted. Remove from heat.
- Mix pasta, alfredo sauce, chicken and half of the mozzarella cheese to combine. Pour half of pasta into 13x9 baking dish then top with provolone cheese. Add remaining pasta on top then add remaining mozzarella cheese and dried parsley.
- Place in oven preheated at 350 degrees then bake for 25 minutes until cheese has melted and golden brown.