Guyanese Baked Custard
Baked Custard is a popular dessert in Guyana. Guyana does not have a lot of desserts in its cuisine but this is certainly one of my favorite. This classic needs just a few ingredients to produce a silky decadent dessert. Baked custard can be served at room temperature or straight out of the fridge, either way it’s just as good. I like a thicker, richer custard so I added more eggs than typically used – it’s less watery and simply heavenly. It’s been a few years since I’ve made baked custard but it’s just as good as I remember. Do you make Baked Custard at home?
Get the Recipe BAKED CUSTARD
- 3 cups evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat eggs and add evaporated milk and condensed milk to eggs.
- Stir in vanilla and nutmeg. Strain by pouring the mixture through a strainer into greased baking dish and sprinkle grated nutmeg over top.
- Place the pan in a larger pan filled with water and bake for 1 hour.
- Carefully remove from the oven and remove from the pan of water and cool.
- Can be served at room temperature or cold.
Yum!! Thank you for this. What size pan did you use?
It’s a 13×9 baking dish.
Thanks for sharing your hummy recipe. Mine came out just fine
This is absolutely wonderful! My first time making it,
Thank you SO much for the recipe,it turned out perfect!
Nice, glad you enjoyed it!