Bbq Meatball Sliders
This post is sponsored by Sweet Baby Ray’s. All opinions are my own.
We are smack dab in between Thanksgiving and Christmas which means it’s time to take a breather from all things holiday until it really gets into full swing. Holiday food is the best but I must admit that game day eats are right up there with it. I’m always excited to see what’s on the table anytime I’m at a viewing party. These BBQ Meatballs Sliders made with Sweet Baby Ray’s Sweet ‘n Spicy Barbecue Sauce is as good as it gets. I made these 3 times in a week so you would think that my family was tired of it – nope, they demolished it every single time!
What’s not to love about sliders? They are bite sized versions of burgers and are equally as delicious. My BBQ meatball sliders are exactly that; juicy meatballs are covered in Sweet Baby Ray’s Sweet ‘n Spicy Barbecue Sauce then topped with provolone and sandwiched between buttery brioche rolls that’s baked until warm and toasty. This is the best comfort food wrapped up in a tiny package. I made the meatballs using ground beef but tested them with ground turkey and it’s just as good as the version made with beef. The trick to having moist and tender meatballs is to be sure not to pack them too tightly when rolling and to bake instead of frying. I used provolone cheese because it melts so well and love the contrast it adds to the sweet and spicy BBQ sauce.
Because the BBQ meatballs sliders are saucy I chose to go with a roll that can handle it without falling apart. If you cannot find brioche buns try to find a slider bun that’s denser than a dinner roll. This recipe makes 12 BBQ meatball sliders but you might want to make a double batch because they will disappear fast! Scroll down for the recipe and be sure to head on over to my YouTube channel where I’ve posted a video showing how I made these.
Get the Recipe BBQ MEATBALL SLIDERS
- 1 lb ground beef
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 cup Sweet Baby Ray’s Sweet ‘n Spicy Barbecue Sauce
- 12 brioche buns
- 12 slices provolone cheese
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- To make the meatballs, in a bowl mix ground beef, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, bread crumbs, 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce, chopped parsley and egg. Mix with a fork to combine.
- Scoop the meat using ¼ cup measuring cup and then form into meatballs by rolling in between your palms.
- Place on a baking pan and place into preheated oven. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven then place in a sauce pan over medium low heat. Cover meatball with BBQ sauce and then cover the pot and allow to simmer for about 8-10 minutes.
- Slice bun in half and place the bottom half side by side in a greased 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Place one meatball on each bun, then cover with cheese then top with the tops of the bun.
- Brush the tops of the buns with melted butter and 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce mixed together.
- Place into preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before cutting in between the buns to serve.