Cajun Turkey Wings
Cajun Turkey Wings are packed full of flavor and a great savory meal. Scroll down for recipe and video on how to make these easy but delicious Cajun Turkey Wings.
I must confess that I’m not a lover of turkey but love these Cajun Turkey Wings that I’m about to share with you. To be fair, I probably haven’t given turkey a fair shot. Most of us only eat turkey at thanksgiving or in as a cold cut sandwich but turkey can be great in other ways as well; it just needs a bit of love. I’ve share many stew recipes over the years but never one with turkey. I did share a brown turkey neck stew on Instagram which I will be sharing hopefully soon!
I vividly remember my first thanksgiving in America; I was a budding foodie and could not wait to sink my teeth into the giant glistening bird that sat in front of me. It smelled great and looked even more amazing so how could it not taste good? Looking back I realized that I was a bit overzealous and literally bit off more than I could chew. I had chosen the drumstick and boy was I disappointed when I sunk my teeth into that leg only to be disappointed by both flavor and texture. That bird was an imposter; it presented itself as more than what it was. What it was not was juicy or tasty but dry and a hard mouthful to swallow. Since then in an effort to conquer the Thanksgiving turkey I’ve brined, spatchocked and even deboned an entire turkey. I wouldn’t recommend the latter unless you’re tremendously ambitious.
While these all tasted good, it just wasn’t enough for me to fall in love. It wasn’t until I began that stew turkey that I saw it as a contender in my weekly meals. Cajun Turkey Wings is slowly simmered in broth flavored with a ton of spices and vegetables which makes it tender and gives it flavor inside and out. Served over rice is the best way to enjoy these Cajun turkey wings.
Get the Recipe CAJUN TURKEY WINGS
- 4 turkey wings pieces
- 2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- ½ green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped
- 6 cups water
- 2 chicken bouillon
- 10 sprigs thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp oil
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 4 tsp cold water
- Parsley for garnish
- Season the turkey wings with Cajun seasoning, black pepper, salt, garlic powder and Worcestershire sauce.
- In a large pan over high heat, add oil and brown turkey wings on both sides. Remove from the pot and place on a plate.
- Add onion, celery, green bell pepper and carrot to the pan and cook for about 5 minutes until the vegetables have softened.
- Add turkey wings back to the pot then add water, chicken bouillon, thyme and bay leaf and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cover pot.
- Cook for about 2 hours or until the turkey is tender.
- Mix cornstarch and cold water in a small bowl then add to the pot. Cook for 5 minutes then remove from heat. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley.
The Cajun Turkey Wings was so delicious I had to make them a second time .
The Cajun Turkey Wings was so delicious I had to make them a second time . Every recipe been a success
So happy that you enjoyed it!