This post is sponsored by Holland House Cooking Wine.
I’m all about easy meals and Crock-pot Lasagna made in a Crock-Pot is as easy as it gets. You need just a few ingredients and 15 minutes prep time is all you need to make a warm and comforting meal. The meat sauce which is made with Holland House Cooking Wine is super easy and comes together in no time. The meat sauce is flavored with garlic, oregano, basil and Holland House Marsala Cooking Wine and then topped with Ragu´ Simply™ Chunky Marinara Pasta Sauce. Using a store bought pasta sauce is a great shortcut to use when short of time to make sauce from scratch.
HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE CROCK-POT LASAGNA
Ground meat: Ground beef, pork, turkey or Italian sausage can be used. This can also be made meatless, add sautéed vegetables like carrots, peppers and mushrooms to make the sauce more robust.
Lasagna noodles: Classic lasagna noodles or the lasagna noodles that no-boil lasagna noodles work well for Crock-Pot lasagna. The noodles don’t need to be precooked if using the classic lasagna noodles because it will cook in the slow cooker as the meal cooks and will absorb some of the liquid from the sauce and cheeses.
Marinara Sauce: Use homemade or store bought sauce. Using a store-bought sauce, like your favorite option from Ragu, is quick and easy and cuts the cooking time.
Seasonings: Classic seasonings like garlic, onion, oregano and basil give the sauce even more flavor. Holland House Marsala Wine adds a depth to the sauce and transforms everyday recipes into something extraordinary. Holland House Marsala wine is a natural marinade for meats and helps enrich the flavor of the beef.
Cheeses: Ricotta cheese is mixed with shredded mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Add an egg and salt and pepper for extra flavor.
HOW TO COOK IT
This can be cooked on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 2-3 hours. Every slow cooker cooks differently so be sure to check the noodles to see if it’s tender. This is not a dish to cook overnight because of the short cooking time.
Get the Recipe CROCK-POT LASAGNA
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 tsp basil
- ½ tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup Holland House Marsala Cooking Wine
- 1 ½- 24 oz jar Ragu Simply Chunky Marinara Sauce
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella sauce
- 1 ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 box lasagna noodles
- Over high heat, brown ground beef. Pour off excess fat then add crushed garlic, onion, basil, oregano, salt, pepper and Holland House Marsala Cooking wine and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in marinara sauce and cook for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl mix together ricotta cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, 1 cup parmesan cheese and 2 eggs. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spray the Crock-Pot with cooking spray. Add a layer of ¼ of the meat sauce to the bottom of the crock pot.
- Add 1 layer of lasagna noodles. Break up the noodles as needed to form a layer to completely cover the sauce.
- Top with ½ of cheese mixture. Next add ¼ of the meat sauce then top with another layer of noodles.
- Repeat the process for 1 more layer then finish with a layer of noodles then meat sauce, remaining 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and ½ cup parmesan cheese.
- Cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4-5 hours, or until the noodles are tender.
Find more recipe inspiration at Holland House Slow Cooker Recipes.