Honey Lemon Pepper Wings
These Honey Lemon Pepper Wings are sweet and tangy and delicious. They are the perfect appetizer or addition to any meal. This is a super easy recipe that requires just a few ingredients and not a whole lot of skill. Lemon juice and zest gives it a bright lemon flavor with the honey add just a bit of sweetness. It is then baked in the oven and then tossed with the honey lemon pepper glaze then broiled until golden and sticky. Serve with yellow rice or pigeon peas and rice with a vegetable on the side to make a complete meal.
HOW TO MAKE HONEY LEMON PEPPER WINGS
The wings are seasoned in a combination of lemon pepper seasoning, ginger powder, salt, paprika and olive oil and then baked in the oven. The glaze is cooked over the stove then poured onto the baked wings. The oven is then cranked up so that the glaze can thicken and coat the wings.
HOW TO MAKE THESE IN AN AIRFRYER
To air fry the wings, coat with all the seasoning and place into an airfryer basket in a single layer and cook at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Make the glaze on the stovetop and cook until it resembles a thick syrup then toss the wings with the thickened glaze.
HOW TO MAKE FRIED HONEY LEMON PEPPER WINGS
To fry the wings, coat in a mixture of half flour, half cornstarch and fry until golden brown and crispy. Make the glaze on the stovetop and cook until it resembles a thick syrup then toss the wings with the thickened glaze.
Get the Recipe HONEY LEMON PEPPER WINGS
- 2 ½ lb. chicken wing
- 1 tbsp lemon pepper seasoning
- ½ tsp ginger powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup honey
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Place chicken wings in a bag with lemon pepper seasoning, ginger powder, salt, paprika and olive oil. Massage to coat the chicken with the seasoning. Let the chicken marinate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place wings on a baking sheet pan in a single layer then place into oven.
- Cook wings in preheated oven for 35 mins.
- In small pot add honey, zest and juice of lemon, garlic powder and black pepper and cook for 5 minutes on high.
- When the wings are done, remove from oven and pour glaze over the chicken wings.
- Turn the oven temp up to 450 and place wings into the oven and cook for 10 mins or until golden brown. Remove from oven. Serve warm.