Jerk Chicken Pizza
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HomemadePizzaCrust #CollectiveBias #BakefromScratch Pizza Friday is a thing in my home. Friday nights we usually eat takeout of some sort as a treat but slowly it morphed into pizza night. We all like pizza but my older son LOVES pizza (he has several t-shirts professing his love for pizza) and somehow his love for pizza inspired our pizza nights. It started out with takeout pizza but as my sons got older, I thought it would be fun to make our own at home. Thanks to Fleischmann’s®RapidRise Yeast and 30 minute pizza crust recipe, you can make amazing pizza from scratch in no time! I love making it from scratch because there’s something about it being homemade that makes it taste so good. It’s also a bonding activity with the kids and all the extra steps like measuring and pouring is something that they enjoy and it’s all worth it to see the look on their faces when they see what they’ve created. I find that a lot of people are intimidated by yeast so they tend to stay away from homemade bread. Here are a few things you can do to ensure success – be sure the yeast isn’t expired, expired yeast is less likely to rise. Be sure the liquid that you are using to mix with the yeast is not too hot or it will kill the yeast and the dough won’t rise. Water shouldn’t be cold either, yeast won’t activate. Add water heated to 120˚F-130˚F and follow recipe instructions. What I love about this recipe is using Fleischmann’s® RapidRise® Yeast is that you can mix everything together in one bowl, requires little kneading and is ready in 30 minutes. It’s super easy and a novice can make this recipe. Typically I like to make pepperoni or cheese pizzas for the kids and mix it up with whatever topping we have on hand for me and my husband. I had leftover jerk chicken so I used it to make a Jerk Chicken Pizza with red onions, mozzarella and provolone cheese and it was a hit!
Get the Recipe Jerk Chicken Pizza
- 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope Fleischmann’s® RapidRise® Yeast
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup very warm water, 120° to 130°F*
- 3 tablespoons corn oil
- 3 tbsp pizza sauce
- 2 tbsp BBQ sauce
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup provolone cheese
- Jerk chicken chopped into ½ inch pieces
- Sliced red onions
- Chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine 1 cup flour, yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add very warm water and oil; mix until well blended, about 1 minute.
- Gradually add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Dough should form a ball and will be slightly sticky. Knead on a floured surface, adding additional flour if necessary, until smooth and elastic, about 4 minutes. Let dough rest for 10 minutes.
- Pat dough with floured hands to fill greased pizza pan or baking sheet or roll dough on a floured counter to 12-inch circle; place in greased pizza pan or baking sheet.
- Form a rim by pinching the edge of the dough. Spread about 3 tbsp of pizza sauce over the dough, about 1 inch from the edge.
- Next, add 2 tbsp bbq sauce. Top with about ½ cup of mozzarella cheese and ¼ cup provolone cheese then add chopped jerk chicken, sliced red onions and green onions.
Visit the website to find more quick and easy recipes using Fleishmann’s® RapidRise® Yeast. Follow along on Facebook, on Instagram as @FleischmannsYeast, and Pinterest.
Looks like I’m gonna have to try this. I’m also a big pizza lover and love having pizzas from either supermarkets or takeaway. I always enjoy seeing different types of pizzas and now I wanna try making this one after me and my friend did a Ddukbokki Pizza. So thanks for this recipe!