Turkey meatloaf is the perfect meal for busy families. It’s fast, easy and loved by one and all. Serve it with Spanish rice, mashed potatoes or whipped chipotle sweet potatoes for a quick and delicious meal. Meatloaf can be made with ground turkey or beef. Ground turkey can dry out easily but just a few tips and tricks helps to keep it moist.
Adding vegetables and fresh breadcrumbs are the secret to moist turkey meatloaf. You can use dry breadcrumbs and milk which also helps to keep it moist as it cooks. Vegetables are a great addition because it’s a great way to hide vegetables if you have a picky eater. Any combination of vegetables such as mushrooms, zucchini, sweet peppers and carrots work well. Blending the vegetables in the food processor gives it the perfect texture and helps it to blend well into the meat without having too many chunks. Scroll down for Video!
Get the Recipe TURKEY MEATLOAF
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 slices bread
- 1 carrot
- ½ red bell pepper
- ¼ onion
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh herbs such as parsley and thyme
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp grainy mustard
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Blend bread in food processor to make breadcrumbs then finely chopped peeled carrot, seeded bell pepper and onion.
- To a bowl add ground turkey, chopped vegetables, bread crumbs, egg, salt, black pepper and herbs. Mix with a spoon to just until combined.
- Place on a baking pan and then shape to form a loaf. Place into preheated oven at 375 degrees and bake for 30 minutes then remove from oven
- In a small bowl mix ketchup, mustard and brown sugar and spread on top of the meatloaf. Turn oven temperature up to 450 degrees then bake the meatloaf for about 10 minutes or until the glaze is bubbling and the meatloaf is 160 degrees.
- Cook before cutting into slices, serve warm.